Many Situations Can Lead To Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents and illnesses can happen anywhere, although some industries are more dangerous than others. If you had a workplace accident that leaves you with an injury in Georgia, you are covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. However, the process is complicated and denials are not unusual. To make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled to receive after an accident at work, turn to Cromartie Law in Rome, Georgia.
We are dedicated to fighting for your rights. Call us at 706-622-4853 to discuss workers’ comp accident situations.
Types Of On-The-Job Accidents
We have extensive experience handling a wide variety of injuries that stem from accidents in any type of workplace. Common workplace accidents may include:
- Vehicle accidents, including car accidents, delivery truck accidents, forklift accidents and others
- Slip-and-falls on uneven surfaces, wet floors and other dangerous conditions
- Falls from heights, such as on an elevated construction site, window washer scaffolding, other type of scaffolding that collapses
- Falling objects, including products falling off of shelves, building materials falling off of job sites and more
- Equipment malfunction, including machinery that is defective and safety equipment that fails
- Exposure to chemicals, irritants or other contaminants
- Lifting, carrying or moving heavy, awkward or cumbersome items
These are just a few examples of situations that lead to workplace accidents that we handle. While most legitimate claims are handled without incident, employers and insurance companies often carelessly or intentionally deny legitimate workers’ compensation claims. That is where an experienced workers’ comp lawyer can help.
Did You Know? Workers’ Comp Covers More Than Accidents.
You do not have to be in an accident at work to have a workers’ compensation claim. Claims known as gradual worsening conditions also exist, with examples including a heart problem that is worsened by your work and repetitive motion injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome. If you can show that your job duties aggravated a physical problem, you may have a valid workers’ comp claim.
You do have to go to a doctor approved by your company’s workers’ comp insurer in Georgia, but you have the right to choose one of the doctors from your employer’s “posted panel of physicians,” which should be posted in a conspicuous location.
Helping You Get The Benefits You Deserve
To request a free initial consultation with our skilled attorneys, use our online contact form or call our Rome office at 706-622-4853.
Our firm is located at the corner of Broad Street and Fourth Avenue in front of the Floyd County Courthouse and Forum in downtown Rome. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with off-site evening and weekend appointments available.