- Associate Attorney
Matt Hurst is an experienced trial and appellate attorney representing individuals and families who have suffered due to serious personal injury, medical / nursing home negligence, and wrongful death. He has represented clients at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts.
Matt's practice is based on a desire to help good people through difficult times. This sense of compassion drives Matt's thorough and diligent approach to handling his clients' cases. He has repeatedly obtained favorable results for his clients due to his keen attention to the factual and legal details of their cases.
Matt graduated with honors from the Georgia State University College of Law. While in law school, Matt served as the Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society and as a pupil on the Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court. In addition, Matt competed for the Student Trial Lawyers Association for whom he won a national championship at the National Trial Advocacy Championship and an Outstanding Advocate Award at the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge. As a result of his demonstrated interest and skills in trial advocacy, Matt received the Georgia Civil Justice Foundation's Trial Advocacy Scholarship.
Matt is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyer's Association. He is admitted to practice in all Georgia trial and appellate courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Matt lives in Eastern Cobb County with his wife and two children. When not practicing law, Matt enjoys spending time with his family, playing music, and coaching baseball.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 34%
- Medical / Nursing Home Negligence 33%
- Wrongful Death 33%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: with Honors
- Honors: Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society
- Honors: Pupil, Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court, 2012 - 2013
- Honors: Student Trial Lawyers Association, National Trial Advocacy Championship, 2012
- Honors: Outstanding Advocate Award at the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge, 2013
- Honors: Georgia Civil Justice Foundation's Trial Advocacy Scholarship, 2012 - 2013
- Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, Georgia
- B.S. - 2007
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Social & International Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 to Present