Cromartie Law Your Local Rome Attorneys. Serious Personal Injury? We Can Help. Free Consultation.

Driver charged with DUI in north Georgia crash

On Behalf of | Aug 8, 2013 | Car accidents

Georgia State Police charged a woman with DUI and other violations after a serious crash that occurred at about 10 a.m. on Aug. 6 in Murrayville. The police reported that the woman drove across the road and hit a vehicle that was heading in the opposite direction. Both the driver of the vehicle and his passenger were injured in this car accident.

Authorities stated that the woman, who was driving a Kia, was traveling north of the Squirrel Creek Bridge on Thompson Bridge Road by the intersection with Willow Oak Drive when she crossed the centerline. An Acura driven by a 17-year-old man was heading south in the opposite lane when hit by the Kia. The police closed Thompson Bridge Road for two hours while they completed their investigation.

The Georgia Department of Public Safety Information office issued a report that the injured man was transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center. His passenger, a 17-year-old woman, was taken by helicopter from the scene to Atlanta to the Grady Memorial Hospital and there has been no further update regarding the injuries to either victim. The Kia driver did report some injuries but refused hospital treatment at the scene of the accident. In addition to DUI, she was charged with serious injury by vehicle and failure to maintain her lane.

Driving a vehicle while intoxicated can be considered gross negligence. Someone injured by a drunk driver may want to pursue a civil suit for their medical expenses, loss of income and other damages due to this negligence. An experienced attorney may help the victims of this type of accident piece together the information from police and witnesses to reconstruct what actually happened during the accident and determine who was at fault.

Source: Access North Georgia, “Woman jailed on DUI, other charges after Tues. morning crash“, August 06, 2013

How Can We Help?